Grant to Start A Synchro Team
Check out the Synchro Development Video Library for some inspiration!
Skate Canada Manitoba is supporting the creation of new synchro teams in Manitoba and mentorship of new synchro coaches by providing financial support for coaching assistance for 1-2 clubs this season.
The recipient(s) will split funds up to a maximum of $1000. The money is for hiring an experienced synchro coach mentor to work with the new team and team coach.
Skate Canada Manitoba will:
- Provide financial assistance to have a mentor coach to work with skaters and parents for 1-2 sessions. Sessions may include on-ice skills, program choreography, off-ice team building, and/or parent orientation. Funds must go toward covering mentor coaching fees, transportation, and accommodation for mentor coach. 4-5 hours of ice time is recommended for program choreography.
- Facilitate the acquisition of the mentor coach.
- Assist the club in pursuing other potential grant opportunities.
- Applicant must be a Skate Canada Manitoba Club with either a new team or a coach new to synchro.
- Must have a coach for the team.
- 8-16 skaters for the team (skatecanada.ca for specific age requirements, skate-to-standard technical requirements, and CPC technical requirements).
- A parent or volunteer to administratively support the team and liaise with club executive.
- Book facility time (ice and/or off-ice) to work with the mentor coach.
- Registration to at least one 2018 Manitoba Synchro Competition.
Submission Information Required:
- Club name and Skate Canada number.
- Club contact (name, address, phone number, email).
- Team coach name.
- A roster of skaters interested – count, ages, and suspected competition category.
- Description of how this opportunity will benefit your skaters and club.
- Description of synchro experience or knowledge within your club.
If you have any questions please contact Megan Maxwell, Skate Canada Manitoba Synchronized Skating Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following link to submit an entry:
Application Deadline: Monday October 29, 2018 at noon