Kick off the season with this fun and interactive seminar for Coaches and PA’s!
A development workshop for CanSkate coaches and program assistants. This is a day-long seminar where participants will have an opportunity to spend the day learning from Megan Foster (click here to read her BIO), Skate Canada CanSkate Resource Team and Learning Facilitator, as well as sharing and collaborating with other coaches and program assistants throughout the province. There will be classroom-based activities as well as on–ice sessions. Topics covered will include:
- How to teach specific CanSkate skills
- Session delivery guidelines
- Effective circuit management
- Session choreography and music
We will round out the day with a practical CanSkate session in order to practice the skills reviewed and learned throughout the day.
Registration has been extended to Wednesday September 22nd at NOON! Participants can choose from two available seminars:
- September 25, 2021 – Niverville, Manitoba (space for 20 more participants)
- September 26, 2021 – Rivers, Manitoba (space for 6 more participants)
At the end of the seminar, participants will have the skills and enthusiasm necessary to return to their home clubs to deliver a superior CanSkate program!
Please note all participants must be in good standing for the 2021-22 Skate Canada membership season.
Please read the following memo regarding mask use at SCMB events; Click Here
- Manitoba Coaches $40.00
- Program Assistants $15.00
- Coaches from outside of Manitoba $60.00
Coaches, don’t forget to apply for the Sport Manitoba Coach Assistance Grant!
Clubs, you can apply for the Sport Manitoba Unique Opportunity Grant, to have 50% of PA registration fees covered!