Skate Canada Manitoba Grants
Subject to Availability:
A.104 Coaching High Performance Grant
Skate Canada Manitoba will provide a grant(s) up to $500 each to a registered Skate Canada coach(s) to further their knowledge. The Coach(s) must meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered and in good standing with Skate Canada – Manitoba
- Must have had an athlete compete at Junior Nationals or Canadian Championships in the past year or an athlete compete internationally within the past year.
- Must apply for the Grant prior to attending seminar/workshop
A coach can only receive this grant once in the Skating year.
Subject to Availability:
D.102 Travel Assistance – Coach Training Grant
- D.102.1 Education Opportunity – Out of Province
In a situation when a coach must go out of Province to receive certification in a discipline we are unable to provide in Manitoba, Skate Canada Manitoba may provide a grant to a maximum of $250.00 to the coach under the following criteria:
- At the request of Skate Canada Manitoba, the coach receiving the grant will be required to provide an education opportunity to skaters, coaches and officials.
- The coach must apply for the grant in writing within sixty (60) days of the start of the course
- Within thirty (30) days of the end of the course, the coach must provide proof of completion to Skate Canada Manitoba.
- Must have completed the Respect in Sport Course.
Opportunities and ideas not listed above should be brought to SCMB for potential support. Funding Proposals should be submitted to the Coaching Committee for review. Contact the Section Coaches Rep with your proposal.
Sport Manitoba Grants
A major initiative is the Women to Watch Grant Program. Working in partnership with Provincial Sport Organizations and Coaching Manitoba, Sport Manitoba provides a monthly grant of $500 to a female athlete, team, official or volunteer to assist them in enhancing their women in sport career.
A $500 monthly grant is also awarded to a female coach to assist them in further developing the skills necessary to attain a higher level of coaching or increased level of coaching experience.
Sport Manitoba’s Regional Offices offer many grants each season. Contact your Regional Office to see what is available to you.
Coaching Manitoba Grants
Coaching Manitoba annually presents bursaries to four students who have demonstrated a commitment to coaching in Manitoba. Our goal is to encourage students to continue coaching while attending a post-secondary institution. Students who are, or will be, enrolled in the upcoming school term in post-secondary education and are currently coaching for a school, club, or community centre are invited to submit an application. One male and one female student coach from the Winnipeg region and one male and one female student from rural Manitoba will be selected to each receive a bursary of $500 to be used towards their tuition.