Section Competitions 2022 LOC Guidelines
Local Organizing Toolkit
The LOC Toolkit is a collection of templates, samples and tip sheets to assist the Local Organizing Committees during the planning process. For easy reference, the Toolkit symbol is found throughout the LOC Guidelines followed by the referenced documents name. Documents are all listed below.
Bid For a SCMB Competition
2023-24 Competition Bid list – Please review for the list of new competitions for the 2023-24 season. More details, such as dates will be announced soon as well as the events to be included.
Review the following documents and complete based on the competition that you will be bidding to host:
- Synchro Venue Requirement Checklist (Synchro specific)
- Venue Requirement Checklist (all competitions)
- The Letter of Commitment 2022-23
- Online Bidding Form Application (for a working document of the information that will be required on the online form please click here) – Online bid form coming soon!
Before you Host a Competition
These three documents need to be submitted to SCMB approximately 5 months before event start date. Once submitted our Events Management Committee will review for approval. Please note paper copies of announcement forms will not be accepted.
- Competition Announcement Online Form – Sectional Competitions (Section Competition Announcement Working Papers – use to assist you in gathering information prior to completing online form)
- Budget Template 2022 EXCEL
- Online Sanction Application
After the Competition
Submit the following documents within 3 weeks after competition:
- Post Event Report – no later than four weeks after your event
- Budget Template 2022 EXCEL with Actuals
- FIVE Programs from your event
- Return any unused medals/ribbons not damaged
- Coach Accreditation Charts
- Coach Lanyards returned
- Banners returned
- Remit Payment of Officials Development Fee (if Section event, this is completed in the office)
Please see the Non Section Competitions Tab for more details.
Reminder; Please remit payment of the officials development fee and technology fee within 30 days of the conclusion of your event.
- 2022-23 Equipment Rental Fees Data, Audio, VRO & Sanction Fees
- Volunteer Types
- Emergency Action Plan
- Competition Program Template is available through the Section office. Email email@example.com to receive the file. Please note: You must have Publisher in order to use the template.
- Injury Reporting Memo
- Announcer Speaker notes 2020
- STAR 2+Announcer Script
- Synchro Competition Announcer Notes
- STAR 1 Announcer Script
- Code of Points Announcing for Singles and Pairs at Sectionals
- Skater Welcome Letter – Template
- Synchro Skater Welcome Letter- Template
- Skate Canada Coach Accreditation Policy for Qualifying Events
- Coach Accreditation Memo to Coaches
- Video Instructions
- Entandem Payment (SOCAN & RESOUND)
- Entandem Resource Guide
Supplies offered by SCMB
- Supplies available from SCMB and Order Form
- Supplies includes: Medals, Ribbons, First Aid, Walkie-Talkies, SCMB Merchandise
Medals & Ribbons
- Medal Presentation Guide and Speaking Notes 2020
- Ribbon Presentation Guide 2020
- Memo Treaty Acknowledgement 2019 for use at all in person competitions, seminars, workshops, meetings, etc…